Rencana Marshall atau Marshall Plan adalah program ekonomi skala besar pada tahun 1947 - 1951 oleh Amerika Serikat yang bertujuan membangun kembali kekuatan ekonomi negara - negara di Eropa setelah Perang Dunia II usai. Inisiatif penamaan diambil dari sekretaris negara George Marshall. Pembagian bantuan Rencana Marshall ini tidak hanya untuk negara - negara Eropa namun juga negara Asia yang terkena imbas dari Perang Dunia II.
Referensi[sunting | sunting sumber]
- The Marshall Plan was replaced by the Mutual Security Plan at the end of 1951.
Mills, Nicolaus (2008). Winning the peace: the Marshall Plan and America's coming of age as a superpower. Wiley. hlm. 195. ISBN 978-0-470-09755-7.
- The name was due to President Harry S. Truman's suspicion that the Republican Party would oppose anything proposed by himself, a Democrat, and his administration I said, "Mr. President, this is one of the great decisions of your administration, and it may be the first time in the history of the world one of the great wealthy nations had reached out and helped a number of others that needed help at the time, with no hope of aggrandizement, no hope of additional territory, doing it as a humane act." [He said, "I agree to all that." So I said, "I'd hope your name would be connected with this plan." He said, "No. No, Clark. If this goes up as a Truman product, it'll lie up there for a day or two and then turn belly up and die." He said, "The Republicans are not going to pass anything that's called the Truman something."
Bacaan lanjutan[sunting | sunting sumber]
- Agnew, John and Entrikin, J. Nicholas eds. The Marshall Plan Today: Model and Metaphor Routledge. (2004) online version
- Arkes, Hadley. Bureaucracy, the Marshall Plan, and the National Interest (1972).
- Behrman, Greg, The Most Noble Adventure: The Marshall Plan and the Time When America Helped Save Europe (2007) ISBN 0-7432-8263-9
- Bonds, John Bledsoe. Bipartisan Strategy: Selling the Marshall Plan (2002) online version
- Esposito, Chiarella. America's Feeble Weapon: Funding the Marshall Plan in France and Italy, 1948–1950 (1994) online version
- Djelic, Marie-Laure A. Exporting the American Model: The Post-War Transformation of European Business (1998) online version
- Fossedal, Gregory A. Our Finest Hour: Will Clayton, the Marshall Plan, and the Triumph of Democracy. (1993).
- Gimbel, John, The origins of the Marshall plan (Stanford University Press, 1976). (reviewed here)
- Kipping, Matthias and Bjarnar, Ove. The Americanisation of European Business: The Marshall Plan and the Transfer of Us Management Models (1998) online version
- Lewkowicz, Nicolas. The German Question and the International Order, 1943-48 (Palgrave Macmillan: Basingstoke and New York) (2010)
- Lewkowicz, Nicolas. The German Question and the Origins of the Cold War (IPOC: Milan) (2008)
- Mee, Charles L. The Marshall Plan: The Launching of the Pax Americana (1984).
- Milward, Alan S. The Reconstruction of Western Europe, 1945–51. (1984).
- Röpke, Wilhelm, Humane Economist,"Biography of Wilhelm Röpke (1899-1966): Humane Economist". Mises.org. Diakses tanggal 2009-08-18.
- Vickers, Rhiannon. Manipulating Hegemony: State Power, Labour and the Marshall Plan in Britain (2000) online edition
- Wallich, Henry Christopher. Mainsprings of the German Revival (1955)
- Wasser, Solidelle F. and Dolfman, Michael L., "BLS and the Marshall Plan: The Forgotten Story: The Statistical Technical Assistance of BLS Increased Productive Efficiency and Labor Productivity in Western European Industry after World War II; Technological Literature Surveys and Plan-Organized Plant Visits Supplemented Instruction in Statistical Measurement", Monthly Labor Review, Vol. 128, 2005
- Wend, Henry Burke. Recovery and Restoration: U.S. Foreign Policy and the Politics of Reconstruction of West Germany's Shipbuilding Industry, 1945–1955 (2001) online version
- Zmirak, John, Wilhelm Röpke: Swiss Localist, Global Economist (ISI Books, 2001)
Pranala luar[sunting | sunting sumber]
- George C. Marshall Foundation
- The German Marshall Fund of the United States
- The Marshal Plan documents collection at MCE Diarsipkan 2010-02-09 di Wayback Machine.
- Marshall Plan from the National Archives
- Excerpts from book by Allen W. Dulles Diarsipkan 2009-03-09 di Wayback Machine.
- United States Secretary of State James F. Byrnes famous Stuttgart speech, September 6, 1946 The speech marked the turning point away from the Morgenthau Plan philosophy of economic dismantlement of Germany and towards a policy of economic reconstruction.
- Marshall Plan Commemorative Section: Lessons of the Plan: Looking Forward to the Next Century Diarsipkan 2006-07-27 di Wayback Machine.
- U.S. Economic Policy Towards defeated countries Diarsipkan 2006-10-11 di Wayback Machine. April, 1946.
- "Pas de Pagaille!" Diarsipkan 2008-10-12 di Wayback Machine., Time magazine July 28, 1947
- Luis García Berlanga's critique of the Marshall Plan in a classic Spanish film: Welcome Mr. Marshall!
- Marshall Plan Still Working, 60 Years Later[pranala nonaktif permanen] Cincinnati Enquirer December 10, 2006
- Economist Tyler Cowen questions the conventional wisdom surrounding the Plan Diarsipkan 2011-01-22 di Wayback Machine.
- Truman Presidential Library online collection of original Marshal Plan documents from the year 1946 onwards Diarsipkan 2019-03-29 di Wayback Machine.
- "The Marshall Plan as Tragedy", comment on Michael Cox and Caroline Kennedy-Pipe, "The Tragedy of American Diplomacy? Rethinking the Marshall Plan", both published in the Journal of Cold War Studies, vol. 7, no. 1 (Winter 2005) (text of comment on pdf Diarsipkan 2007-06-15 di Wayback Machine.) (text of original article on pdf Diarsipkan 2007-06-15 di Wayback Machine.)