Supercell (perusahaan permainan video)
|Didirikan||14 Mei 2010|
|Ilkka Paananen (CEO)|
|Produk||lihat § Games|
|Pendapatan||€1.30 billion  (2020)|
|€407 million  (2020)|
|Induk||Tencent Holdings (81.4%; 2016–sekarang)|
Supercell Oy adalah perusahaan pengembang game seluler Finlandia yang berbasis di Helsinki, Finlandia. Didirikan pada 14 Mei 2010, game debut perusahaan adalah game browser Gunshine.net, dan setelah dirilis pada tahun 2011, Supercell mulai mengembangkan game untuk perangkat seluler. Sejak itu, perusahaan telah sepenuhnya merilis lima game seluler: Hay Day, Clash of Clans, Boom Beach, Clash Royale, dan Brawl Stars, yang merupakan game freemium cepat dan sangat sukses bagi perusahaan, dua game pertama menghasilkan pendapatan sebesar € 2 juta sehari pada tahun 2013.
sejarah[sunting | sunting sumber]
Latar belakang dan pendirian[sunting | sunting sumber]
Sebelum Supercell, dua pendirinya, Mikko Kodisoja dan Ilkka Paananen, bekerja di Sumea, sebuah perusahaan game mobile. Kodisoja mendirikan Sumea pada tahun 1999, dan Paananen diangkat sebagai CEO perusahaan pada tahun 2000. Pada tahun 2003, Sumea menghasilkan keuntungan sebesar 1,2 juta euro. Pada tahun berikutnya, Cokelat Digital Amerika membeli Sumea dan menjadikan perusahaan itu sebagai kantor pusatnya di Finlandia dan Paananen sebagai manajer Eropa. Kodisoja, direktur kreatif perusahaan meninggalkan perusahaan pada tahun 2010, segera diikuti oleh Paananen.
Paananen pindah ke perusahaan modal ventura Lifeline Ventures, tetapi ingin membuat perusahaan game di mana para eksekutif tidak akan mengganggu pekerjaan para pengembang game. Bersama-sama, Paananen, Kodisoja, Petri Styrman, Lassi Leppinen, Visa Forstén, dan Niko Derome yang telah saling mengenal melalui koneksi kerja, mendirikan Supercell pada tahun 2010. Perusahaan memulai bisnisnya di distrik Niittykumpu Espoo.
daftar game yang dibuat[sunting | sunting sumber]
|Gunshine.net (later known as Zombies Online)||2011||Supercell's first game and only non-mobile game. It was a browser game that was released in 2011, and its servers were shut down on 30 November 2012.|
|Pets vs Orcs||2012||Pets vs Orcs was the company's first mobile game. It was downloadable for a little over a month in 2012.|
|Battle Buddies||2012||The company's second mobile game, Battle Buddies was soft-launched in a number of countries in 2012, but was discontinued later in the same year. The game was pulled out of market due to poor monetization, despite gaining positive reviews from critics.|
|Hay Day||2012 and 2013 (Android)||On 21 June 2012, Supercell released Hay Day on iOS and on 20 November 2013 on Android.|
|Clash of Clans||2012 and 2013 (Android)||On 2 August 2012, Supercell worldwide released Clash of Clans on iOS and on 7 October 2013 on Android. The online strategy game where players build defenses and train troops to attack other players' bases, is the top grossing app of iOS and Android of all time. Clash of Clans has also received positive reviews from global audience. It has a score of 9/10 by Pocket Gamer and 4.5/5 stars from Gamezebo.|
|Boom Beach||2014||On 26 March 2014, Supercell released Boom Beach on iOS and Android.|
|Spooky Pop||2014||The Canadian soft-launch of Supercell's addition to its mobile line-up, Spooky Pop, was released in December 2014 and discontinued in March 2015. On 9 February 2015, the app was removed from the Canadian App Store and those with previously downloaded copies trying to access the game were met with a pop-up message of the discontinuance. On 10 March 2015, the game was fully shut down. Supercell has since been described as conservative on the release of titles after the successes of Clash of Clans and Boom Beach as opposed to many other mobile-development companies.|
|Smash Land||2015||Smash Land was launched on a limited basis in Canada and Australia on 1 April 2015. However, on 1 July of that year, Supercell announced on its official forum that it had decided to cancel development of the game. Smash Land remained available for download until 1 September, at which point it was permanently removed from online distribution platforms.|
|Clash Royale||2016||On 4 January 2016, Supercell soft-launched Clash Royale on iOS and also on 16 February 2016, Supercell soft-launched the game on Android in Canada, Hong Kong, Australia, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Finland and New Zealand. On 2 March 2016, Supercell launched the game globally for iOS and Android.|
|Brawl Stars||2018||On 14 June 2017, Supercell announced Brawl Stars via a video on YouTube. It received an iOS soft launch in the Canadian App Store the following day. It was released in the Finland, Sweden and Norway App Stores on 19 January 2018. The Android version was released on 26 June 2018 in Canada, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Ireland, Singapore and Malaysia. The game was globally released on 12 December 2018, one and a half years after the beta release.|
|Rush Wars||2019||On 26 August 2019, a beta version of Rush Wars was launched in Canada, Australia and New Zealand. On 5 November 2019, it was announced that the game would not be continued, and would shut down on 30 November.|
|Hay Day Pop||2020||On 16 March, Hay Day Pop was released in beta. The game is only available to certain countries such as Finland, Canada, Norway and others. On 30 November 2020, Supercell announced that they will discontinue Hay Day Pop. The servers were shut down on 1 February 2021.|
|Clash Quest||2021||On 2 April 2021, Supercell announced 3 new games in development, including Clash Quest. On 6 April, Clash Quest became available in Finland, Sweden, Norway, Iceland, and Denmark on iOS and Android. On 6 May, the game became available in the Philippines.|
|Clash Mini||2021||Templat:Unreleased||On 2 April 2021, Supercell announced 3 new games in development, including Clash Mini.|
|Clash Heroes||2021||Templat:Unreleased||On 2 April 2021, Supercell announced 3 new games in development, including Clash Heroes.|
lihat lain[sunting | sunting sumber]
referensi[sunting | sunting sumber]
- Takahashi, Dean (15 May 2020). "The DeanBeat: Supercell CEO's 10 takeaways from 10 years of mobile games". GamesBeat. VentureBeat. Diakses tanggal 23 January 2021.
- "MY TAKE ON SUPERCELL IN 2020 AS WE BEGIN OUR SECOND DECADE". Supercell. 16 February 2021. Diakses tanggal 21 March 2021.
- "Our story". Supercell. Diakses tanggal 23 January 2021.
- Swan, Eva (14 Mei 2020). "Supercell, pembuat hit game seluler, merayakan ulang tahun ke 10". Dot Esports. Diakses tanggal 7 April 2021.
- Lappalainen, hal. 167–168
- Lappalainen, hal. 169–171
- Vilpponen, Antti (16 February 2011). "Supercell Combines The Very Best In Finnish Gaming". ArcticStartup. Diarsipkan dari versi asli tanggal 2021-01-27. Diakses tanggal 14 Oktober 2021.
- "Zombies Online/Gunshine.net Shutdown notice". Gunshine.net. Diakses tanggal 8 April 2015.
- Seufert, Eric Benjamin (6 January 2014). "What is Supercell's strategy with Boom Beach?". Mobile Dev Memo. Diakses tanggal 8 April 2015.
- Lappalainen, Elina (29 November 2012). "Epäonnistumistakin voi juhlia – Hittipeliyhtiö Supercell hautasi floppinsa samppanjalla". Talouselämä (dalam bahasa Suomi). Talentum. Diarsipkan dari versi asli tanggal 13 April 2015. Diakses tanggal 8 April 2015.
- A first look at Supercell’s tablet-only combat title Battle Buddies 7 March 2012
- "Boom Beach is one of the most popular game on Google Play Store".
- "Supercell Cancels Spooky Pop".
- "Spooky Pop, Supercell's match-three puzzler, has been cancelled".
- "Clash of Clans". Clash of Clans. Diarsipkan dari versi asli tanggal 2017-09-30. Diakses tanggal 12 August 2015.
- "Clash of Clans Maker Supercell soft-Launches 'Smash Land' in Canada". 4 May 2015.
- "Smash Land Announcement".
- Clash Royale Soft Launch Announcement 4 January 2016
- Callaham, John (14 June 2017). "Clash of Clans developer Supercell reveals new game, Brawl Stars". Android Authority. Diakses tanggal 3 April 2021.
- Sholtz, Matthew (26 June 2018). "Brawl Stars is finally coming to Android, with limited access starting today". Android Police. Diakses tanggal 3 April 2021.
- Kesalahan pengutipan: Tag
<ref>tidak sah; tidak ditemukan teks untuk ref bernama
- "Supercell teases new mobile game Rush Wars".
- "Rush Wars Closing". Supercell (dalam bahasa Inggris).
- "Welcome to the Neighborhood! × Supercell". Supercell (dalam bahasa Inggris). Diakses tanggal 9 June 2020.
- Hay Day Pop [@HayDayPop] (30 November 2020). "Unfortunately, we have made the hard decision to end the development of Hay Day Pop. Thank you for being an amazing community; we could not be more grateful. ❤️ You can find more information here 👇 supr.cl/TheFinalGoodbye" (Tweet). Diakses tanggal 23 January 2021 – via Twitter.
- "Announcing Three Unique New Clash Games in Development × Supercell". Supercell (dalam bahasa Inggris). Diakses tanggal 2 April 2021.
- "Supercell's Clash Quest has been released in selected countries". Mobile Gaming Hub. 6 April 2021. Diakses tanggal 6 April 2021.
- Ahmed, Wasif (6 May 2021). "New Supercell game, Clash Quest is now available in the Philippines". Dot Esports. Diakses tanggal 11 May 2021.