Grand Theft Auto 2
||Halaman ini belum atau baru diterjemahkan sebagian dari bahasa Inggris.
Bantulah Wikipedia untuk . Lihat panduan penerjemahan Wikipedia.
Tag ini diberikan pada 2010
|Grand Theft Auto II|
|Seri||Grand Theft Auto|
|Platform||PlayStation, Windows, Dreamcast, Game Boy Color, VMU|
|Tanggal rilis||TV Serial
Januari 24, 1982 - September 08, 1985
October 25, 1999
UE 28 Juli 2000
Game Boy Color
|Mode||Single player, Multiplayer|
|Media digital/distribusi||CD-ROM, GD-ROM, cartridge, Download|
Grand Theft Auto 2 (seringkali disebut GTA2) adalah sebuah serial tv perdana yang rilis pada tanggal 24 Januari 1982 & Tamat tanggal 08 September 1985. permainan ini juga pada tanggal 25 Oktober 1999, oleh developer DMA Design (sekarang bernama Rockstar North); yang bisa dimainkan menggunakan Windows dan PlayStation. Permainan ini juga kemudian diprogram untuk dapat dimainkan oleh konsol Dreamcast dan Game Boy Color. Ini adalah sekuel dari Grand Theft Auto yang laris pada tahun 1997. Versi PC dan Dreamcast pada GTA2 diberi rating M atau Dewasa oleh ESRB. Bahasa yang kasar dan kekerasan dikurangi pada versi PlayStation dan Game Boy Color yang nantinya diratingkan T atau Remaja. Rockstar sekarang menawarkan versi PC untuk permainan ini sebagai registerware yang bisa didapatkan di internet. GTA2 adalah sebuah sekuel lanjutan dari Grand Theft Auto dan dilanjutkan oleh sekuel GTA selanjutnya, Grand Theft Auto III. Pada tahun 2012 GTA II merayakan ulang tahunnya yang ke-30 (2014 sekarang 32 tahun)
Setting[sunting | sunting sumber]
GTA 2 tidak memberikan waktu kapan permainan ini dilakukan dan alamatnya hanya dideskripsikan dengan 'anywhere, USA' ", tetapi petunjuk manual permainan ini mengatakan bahwa permainan ini dilaksanakan '3 minggu yang akan datang'.; fictional journal entries on the GTA2 website suggest the year to be 2013. Penyiar radio di permainan ini mengindikasikan bahwa permainan ini berlangsung sekitar tahun 2000. Karakter utama di permainan ini bernama Claude Speed.
Kota di permainan ini terbagi menjadi 3 level, atau 'distrik'. Level pertama, 'Downtown' adalah tempat pusat perekonomian yang mempunyai rumah sakit jiwa and universitas. The second area, the Residential District, contains the city's prison, a trailer park with an Elvis-themed bar dubbed "Disgracelands", a shopping mall, and a giant hydroelectric power plant. The third and final area is the Industrial District; it holds a large seaport, a meat packing plant, a Nuclear Power Plant and a Krishna temple.
There are a total of seven criminal gangs in the game: the Zaibatsu, a corrupt corporation, is present in all three areas. The Downtown area is also home to the Loonies, a gang of mentally ill people who have taken over the city asylum, and the Yakuza. In the Residential area, the gangs include SRS Scientists and the Rednecks, who live in a trailer park and drive around in pickups with large Confederate flags. The Industrial area contains the Russian Mafia and the Hare Krishna. Each gang has their own special characteristics, car, and behavior.
The game can be played in two modes (only in the PC version), noon or dusk. On the noon setting the lighting is bright making the game clear to see (also lowering the graphics overhead on low-end hardware because of the fewer lighting effects). On the dusk setting the game is darker, with multiple dynamic lights from explosions and car headlights. The Dreamcast version of the game can only be played in the dusk setting. The PlayStation version of the game can only be played in the noon setting. This feature was expanded further in Grand Theft Auto III where the daylight changes with the time of day in the game.
Gameplay[sunting | sunting sumber]
GTA2 retained the overhead viewpoint of GTA, as well as the car-stealing/telephone-answering formula of the original. The player has the ability to explore cities on foot or in various vehicles. The aim is to achieve a certain score. On achieving this goal the player then can proceed to the next level. Doing missions awards the player more points than any other method but are not essential for completion of the game.
A new feature introduced in GTA2 was doing missions for separate gangs, of which there are two new gangs for each of the three levels of the game, and one faction which is present in all levels. Being employed by one gang can cause distrust from others (working for gang #1 will incur the wrath of gang #2, working for gang #2 will cause enmity with gang #3, etcetera). In the original GTA, only the local police pursued the player. In GTA2, SWAT teams (4 Copheads) are introduced in the Downtown District, Special Agents (5 Copheads) are introduced in the Residential District, and the army (6 Copheads) is introduced in the Industrial District. These additional types of law enforcement begin chasing the player as his or her wanted level increases. The wanted level is represented by images of a cop's head, and vary between the Windows and PlayStation versions.
GTA2 introduced an improved saving technique, unlike GTA1, which saved only when finishing a city. If the player entered a church with $50,000, a voice announced "Hallelujah! Another soul saved!". This notified the player that the game had been saved. If the player did not have enough money, the voice would say "Damnation! No donation, no salvation!". These messages are not heard on the PlayStation version.
Other improvements pertain to city activity. Passing vehicles and pedestrians are no longer cosmetic parts of the environment, but actually play a role in gameplay. Sometimes pedestrians would occasionally enter and ride in taxis or buses. The game is noted for the behavior of its non-player characters. Pedestrians, gang members and the police would occasionally engage in fights, and there are other carjackers (Green sweater) and muggers (Red sweater with white arms) in the city.
This game introduces 'side missions' such as being a taxi driver, bus driver, and a semi-truck driver along with retrieving 'hidden' packages (GTA2 Badges) or Wang Cars (spoof for 'wankers'), and a health meter. Being a taxidriver would earn rougly 1 dollar per second. When standing still, passengers could get out if they want to, and the earnings will stop. Wang Cars only appeared in the second district. They were well hidden and usually required the player to take a severe amount of highspeed jumps to reach the cars, some of them parked on top of buildings. When the car was entered, the player spawned at the Wang Cars garage, with the garagedoor of the collected car lighting up. Collecting all cars resulted in 8 bonus vehicles parked outside the garage. Among these were cars prepped with oilslicks, integraded machineguns and a firetruck, living up its name as its watercannon was replaced with a flamethrower.
Some weapons in GTA2 feature a "Kill Frenzy" mission when picked up, where a player has a limited amount of time to kill a certain number of people with a particular weapon loaded. Bonuses are rewarded if the mission is successful. If a player finds a tank and gets in, a "Kill Frenzy" mission also starts.
The PlayStation version of Grand Theft Auto 2 is toned down from the PC version, with lower quotas for the number of kills needed in rampage style missions, and containing no voice acting in the saving interface. The port also includes a feature where the player car will explode after the player kills a large number of gang members. One mission was also changed. Instead of the player tricking civilians into entering a bus to drive them to a meat processing plant to be cannibalized, the victims are Hare Krishna gang members.
As is the case with the original Grand Theft Auto and GTA London: 1969, the player receives bonuses for running his car over certain people without stopping or braking. A string of Elvis impersonators are sometimes spotted walking the streets. Their deaths are awarded with a large money bonus, followed by the bold words "ELVIS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING".
Its buggy and unoptimized multiplayer support, a feature not broadly known, was intended for low latency LAN games of 2 to 6 players. Multiplayer modes are: Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Tag, Race. Though often unplayable because of lag, it is possible to connect over the internet. A third-party client created by GTAMP simplifies this process and helps find other players.
There are trains in three versions (PC, PSX, DC), which the players can ride on.
Gangs[sunting | sunting sumber]
Grand Theft Auto 2 includes a pool of seven gangs, with each of the city's three levels containing only a group of three gangs. The Zaibatsu Corporation gang is included in every level, with the remaining two different gangs. The gangs are as followed:
- Zaibatsu Corporation (symbol: yellow 'Z') - They appear in all of the areas and are a seemingly legitimate corporation who manufacture everything from cars and weapons to medication, but beneath the surface they are involved heavily in narcotics, contract-killing and shadowy politics. Their car, called a Z-Type, is the second fastest gang car available. The Zaibatsu is apparently led by at least three leaders, or at least have three executives through whom they organize their criminal activities: Trey Welsh in the Commercial District, Red Valdez in the Residential District, and Uno Carb in the Industrial District. The executives refer to the player as 'Gecko' Their gang color is black. In all districts, their territories can be distinguished by large red 'Z' banners hanging from buildings bearing their gang symbol,They also have the best weapons on all the levels. Their name comes from zaibatsu, the Japanese word for conglomerate.
- Loonies (symbol: winking smiley face) - They appear only in first area and they are quite crazy and very violent since all their missions are always involved in killing someone, destroying a car or create massive explosions. Their gang car, the Dementia, is a green microcar with their mark painted on top and is probably named after their apparent insanity. Their small section of turf is in the vicinity of the city's mental institution, named "SunnySide" after the Mental Institution in Montrose, Scotland, near Dundee, where the game was originally created. Their boss is Elmo. Elmo refers to the player as 'Jumbo'. They use surgical green as their gang color.
- The Yakuza (symbol: blue yen '¥') - They also appear only in the first area. They make drugs at the so-called J-Lab, the j-lab is always on risk because of the continues attacks of the loonies, one of their strongest "industries". Their boss is Johnny Zoo. Johnny Zoo refers to the player as 'Kosai'. Deep blue is their gang color. And their car is a Y-Type (also known as the Miara), not to be confused with the Zaibatsu Z-Type. Their headquarters is near the docks in the Commercial District, as well as J-Lab and various buildings owned by them near the docks.
- SRS Scientists (symbol: a golden shield) - They are headquartered in the Residential District, and are a clandestine research institute involved in slightly questionable practices. Their business is advanced weapon development along with cloning, genetic engineering and robotics. Their leader, Dr. LaBrat, is Icelandic, and all of their 'street' members appear to be genetically engineered clone soldiers. LaBrat refers to the player as 'THC-303' Their gang car is called a Meteor and is the fastest gang car available. Their 'turf' is the Scientist Research Center, a very compact, sterile, oppressive-looking campus with a profusion of complex equipment and machinery. Their gang color is pale gold.
- Rednecks (symbol: the Confederate flag) - Led by Billy Bob Bean, they appear in the second area, are rabid fans of Elvis Presley, and specialize in explosives and vehicles. Their business is the brewing, running and selling of moonshine. Their car is a wide pick-up truck. The Rednecks' turf is the trailer park at the northwest of the Residential Area. Their gang color is light blue. Billy Bob Bean refers to the player as 'Rooster'.
- Russian Mafia (symbol: a red star) - They appear in the third area and specialize in contract-killing and gun running. Their car is the Bulwark, a station wagon, which is the most durable gang car in the game (capable of surviving one direct hit from a rocket propelled grenade, hand grenade or Molotov cocktail, if the car is in perfect condition). They can be seen in the seaport areas. Jerkov is the name of their boss. Jerkov refers to the player as 'Comrade'. They use red as a gang color.
- Hare Krishna (symbol: an orange flower) - They appear in the third area and their car, the Karma Bus, is a big love bus with flowers painted on its roof. The Krishna's turf is around their temple. Their boss' name is Sunbeam. Sunbeam refers to the player as 'Grasshopper'. They use orange as a gang color, and they are always doing conversions. The GTA2 manual states that their criminality is entirely based around stealing and destroying technology, due to the fact that they are tired of being run over by cars with nothing but tambourines to defend themselves (a reference to the first Grand Theft Auto, where the player was rewarded for running them down).
GTA2: The Movie[sunting | sunting sumber]
The opening video of the game was pieced together using live-action footage taken from an eight-minute short film created for the purpose of advertising the game. This film has since been made available to the public and is downloadable from Rockstar's website. Claude Speed (the game's playable protagonist) is played by Scott Maslen in the film. Scott Maslen also played DS Phil Hunter in the The Bill and also plays Jack Branning in the BBC soap opera EastEnders in the UK. The short film shows Claude being murdered (shot by "The Cleaner" a Zaibatsu Assassin played by Ian McQue) while trying to break into a sports car). It was shot in 1999 New York City with the World Trade Center in clear view, instead of the game's anonymous city of the future (it should be noted, however, that two fictional locations were mentioned in the film: "Chernobyl Docks" and "Disgraceland", the latter being the name of a district featured in GTA2). The film depicts a blue-and-white NYPD 1991-1992 Chevrolet Caprice police car as a pursuit vehicle, as well as a black BMW 5 Series (E39) driven by Claude, which is later repainted white.
GTA2 Soundtrack[sunting | sunting sumber]
Main article: Grand Theft Auto 2 soundtrack
Each area features five radio stations from a pool of eleven, one of which is heard as the player drives most vehicles in game. Changing radio stations for preference was also possible in the Windows PC version by using the "F1" function key and also in the PlayStation version by pressing the "up" directional button. "Head Radio" was present in the original GTA, Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories. Each gang also has its own radio station that transmits within a limited area. Police vehicles, ambulances, firetrucks and tanks had no ability to listen to the radio channels. Instead, the player would hear the radio transmitter of the emergency services.
GTA2 Movie Soundtrack[sunting | sunting sumber]
The soundtrack to the GTA2 movie was mixed by Timecode (DJ) who also hosted, produced and mixed the audio on the drum and bass radio station MSX/MSX 98 that was featured in the Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories videogame soundtracks. The soundtrack consist of artist from Moving Shadow Records. Most of the music in the movie is on Drumfunk Holliganz These are the songs in order.
- 01.Successfull Criminals - Music Madness
- 02.Inter Orbit Communication - Short Wave Café
- 03.JMJ and Richie - The Score
- 04.PFM - Cruising Detroid `98
- 05.Flytronix - Past Archives
- 06.EZ Rollers - Short Change
Trivia[sunting | sunting sumber]
- DI majalah permainan video di Jerman yang bernama PC Player, Grand Theft Auto 2 adalah "Permainan Action Terbaik 1999".
- Pada Permainan, di Residential Sector, ada dua area kota yang bernama Largo and Stromberg, kemungkinan berasal dari musuh James Bond yang bernama Emilio Largo and Karl Stromberg.
References[sunting | sunting sumber]
- ^ Thed Paddestroy (24 November 2000). "Content toned down from PC to PlayStation version". Diakses 2007-04-29.
- ^ Stuart Miles (23 December 2004). "Rockstar give away GTA2 for free". Diakses 2007-04-29.
- ^ a b "Fictional journal created by Rockstar Games". Diakses 2007-04-29.
- ^ Tal Blevins for IGN (18 November 1999). "Grand Theft Auto 2 review". Diakses 2007-04-29.
- ^ GTA2 - Movies
- Official Website
- Free download of Grand Theft Auto 2 for Windows PC at Rockstar Classics
- GTA2: The Movie