Emilie Schenkl bersama dengan Subhas Chandra Bose
26 Desember 1910
|Suami/istri||Subhas Chandra Bose (m. 1937)|
Emilie Schenkl (26 Desember 1910 – Maret 1996), adalah istri, atau rekan, dari Subhas Chandra Bose—seorang pemimpin utama dari nasionalisme India—dan ibu dari putri mereka, Anita Bose Pfaff.
Kehidupan awal[sunting | sunting sumber]
Berlin pada masa perang[sunting | sunting sumber]
Pada November 1942, Schenkl melahirkan putri mereka.
Kehidupan selanjutnya[sunting | sunting sumber]
Catatan[sunting | sunting sumber]
- ^ a b Hayes 2011, hlm. 15.
- ^ Gordon 1990, hlm. 344–345: Kutipan: "Although we must take Emilie Schenkl at her word (about her secret marriage to Bose in 1937), there are a few nagging doubts about an actual marriage ceremony because there is no document that I have seen and no testimony by any other person. ... Other biographers have written that Bose and Miss Schenkl were married in 1942, while Krishna Bose, implying 1941, leaves the date ambiguous. The strangest and most confusing testimony comes from A. C. N. Nambiar, who was with the couple in Badgastein briefly in 1937, and was with them in Berlin during the war as second-in-command to Bose. In an answer to my question about the marriage, he wrote to me in 1978: 'I cannot state anything definite about the marriage of Bose referred to by you, since I came to know of it only a good while after the end of the last world war ... I can imagine the marriage having been a very informal one ...' ... So what are we left with? ... We know they had a close passionate relationship and that they had a child, Anita, born 29 November 1942, in Vienna. ... And we have Emilie Schenkl's testimony that they were married secretly in 1937. Whatever the precise dates, the most important thing is the relationship."
- ^ Hayes 2011, hlm. 67.
- ^ a b Gordon 1990, hlm. 285.
- ^ Bose 2005, hlm. 255.
- ^ Hayes 2011, hlm. 144.
- ^ Santhanam 2001.
Referensi[sunting | sunting sumber]
- Bose, Sarmila (2005), "Love in the Time of War: Subhas Chandra Bose's Journeys to Nazi Germany (1941) and towards the Soviet Union (1945)", Economic and Political Weekly, 40 (3): 249–256
- Bose, Sugata (2011), His Majesty's Opponent: Subhas Chandra Bose and India's Struggle against Empire, Harvard University Press, ISBN 978-0-674-04754-9, diakses tanggal 22 September 2013
- Gordon, Leonard A. (1990), Brothers against the Raj: a biography of Indian nationalists Sarat and Subhas Chandra Bose, Columbia University Press, ISBN 978-0-231-07442-1, diakses tanggal 17 November 2013
- Hayes, Romain (2011), Subhas Chandra Bose in Nazi Germany: Politics, Intelligence and Propaganda 1941-1943, Oxford University Press, ISBN 978-0-19-932739-3, diakses tanggal 22 September 2013
- Pelinka, Anton (2003), Democracy Indian Style: Subhas Chandra Bose and the Creation of India's Political Culture, Transaction Publishers, ISBN 978-1-4128-2154-4, diakses tanggal 17 November 2013
- Santhanam, Kausalya (1 Maret 2001), Wearing the mantle with grace, The Hindu, diakses tanggal 31 Desember 2013