Yel-yel laut adalah sebuah jenis lagu kerja yang pernah sering dinyanyikan di kalangan buruh kapal layar pedagang besar. Namun, pada saat ini, cakupan definisinya terkadang diperluas menjadi sejumlah besar repertoir dan karakteristik, atau merujuk kepada "lagu pekerjaan maritim" secara umum.
Pranala luar[sunting | sunting sumber]
|Wikimedia Commons memiliki media mengenai Sea shanties.|
- John Ward's "Shanties and Sea Songs" webpage contains song lyrics harvested from some of the well-known published collections.
- "Shanties from the Seven Seas" project on YouTube contains sample performances of the over 400 shanties and sea songs included in Stan Hugill's largest print collection of the same name.
- Shanties and Sea Songs webpage has lyrics popular among and culled from North American shanty revival performers, and links to albums on which the songs may be heard.
- Contemplator.com, "Songs of the sea" section has lyrics gathered from songbooks, matched to embedded MIDI files of tunes.
- International Shanty and Seasong Association, based mainly in Germany and the Netherlands, promotes sailor songs through festivals, publications, and sponsorship of performing groups.
- Bilgemunky Radio online/podcast radio show devoted to pirate-themed music including both traditional-style shanty performers and "pirate rock" performers.
- Bordel de Mer French Internet radio show devoted to sailor songs from all over the world.
- The Bitter End contains a comprehensive list of forthcoming maritime music festivals across the world.
- Winchester, Clarence, ed. (1937), "Sea shanties", Shipping Wonders of the World, hlm. 523–528 illustrated account of the sea shanty