Instruction Concerning the Criteria for the Discernment of Vocations with regard to Persons with Homosexual Tendencies in view of their Admission to the Seminary and to Holy Orders
Instruction Concerning the Criteria for the Discernment of Vocations with regard to Persons with Homosexual Tendencies in view of their Admission to the Seminary and to Holy Orders adalah dokumen yang diterbitkan bulan November 2005 oleh Kongregasi bagi Pendidikan Katolik, salah satu departemen tingkat tinggi Gereja Katolik Roma.
Sebagian isinya melarang ordinasi kaum pria dengan "kecenderungan homoseksual mendalam". Dokumen ini sudah dipersiapkan sepuluh tahun sebelum diterbitkan. Instruksi yang tercantum di dalamnya dipandang sebagai jawaban resmi Gereja Katolik terhadap krisis "pendeta pedofil". Dokumen tersebut menuai kritik karena mengklaim homoseksualitas berhubungan erat dengan pelecehan seks terhadap anak-anak.
Lihat pula[sunting | sunting sumber]
- Kongregasi bagi Pendidikan Katolik
- Homoseksualitas dalam kependetaan Katolik Roma
- Kasus pelecehan seks Katolik Roma
- Homoseksual dan Katolik Roma
- Uskup gay
Referensi[sunting | sunting sumber]
- ^ "'Nothing Extraordinary'?" in Inside the Vatican (ISSN 1068-8579), January 2006
- ^ * "Vatican Issues New Psychological Screening to Weed Out Pedophiles". Associated Press/Fow news. October 30, 2008. Diakses tanggal 17 July 2012.
- "Future priests should undergo psychological screening: Vatican". CBC News. October 30, 2008. Diakses tanggal 17 July 2012.
- Hunt, Mary E. (December 9, 2005). "American Catholics: Time for a Stonewall Moment". Seattle Gay News, Volume 33, Issue 49. Diakses tanggal 17 July 2012.
this document, while purporting to 'clarify' church teaching or 'purify' the priesthood, is really nothing more than an effort to link the criminal activity of pedophile priests with homosexuality, and to distract from the reprehensible behavior of bishops who covered up their misconduct. Mary E. Hunt is a member of the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force National Religious Leadership Roundtable and co-director of the Women's Alliance for Theology Ethics and Ritual (WATER)
- "Vatican Sex Sting: An after-hours office meeting between a young man and a top Roman Catholic official has prompted a fresh inquiry into gay priests. What the investigation could mean for the Holy See". Newsweek. October 17, 2007. Diakses tanggal 17 July 2012.
- "Vatican approves gay tests for priests". The Australian. October 31, 2008.
Pedophile priest scandals that have hit the Catholic Church in recent years were not the “primary cause” behind the document, [ ... ] the Congregation's secretary, Monsignor Jean-Louis Brugues, told a news conference. But they helped “accelerate” the process and were “certainly a determining factor,” he said.
- Owen, Richard (January 7, 2008). "Pope Calls for Continuous Prayer to Rid Priesthood of Paedophilia". The Times. Diarsipkan dari versi asli tanggal 2004. Diakses tanggal 17 July 2012.
Officials said that the prayers were in addition to support for legal action against paedophile priests by their victims and a code adopted two years ago by the Vatican to try to ensure that men “with deep-seated homosexual tendencies” do not enter seminaries to train for the priesthood.
- Holusha, John (April 15, 2008). "Pope says church is reviewing sexuality of would-be priests". The New York Times. Diakses tanggal 17 July 2012.
- Witkowski, D'Anne (November 2, 2006). "Suffer little children: New documentary exposes pedophilia in Catholic Church (Film review of Deliver Us from Evil)". Pride Source. Diakses tanggal 17 July 2012.
in the wake of the clergy abuse scandals, the Vatican issued instructions to weed out priests with "deep-seated" homosexual tendencies.
- Gueco, Luverne B. (September 24, 2005). "Vatican to Bar Gays, and Even Those with Gay Thoughts, From Priesthood". Philippine Daily Inquirer. hlm. A10. Diakses tanggal 17 July 2012.
The text reflects the view among some Catholics - but disputed by others - that the presence of gay clergy in the Church's ranks was to blame for the string of child abuse scandals.
- Horowitz, Jason (August 14, 2004). "World Briefing: Europe: Austria: Conviction In Seminary Sex Scandal". The New York Times. Diakses tanggal 17 July 2012.
- ^ "Statement From The Board Of Directors and Staff of the National Association of Catholic Diocesan Lesbian and Gay Ministries" November 29, 2005. Retrieved June 18, 2007.
Pranala luar[sunting | sunting sumber]
- English version of the Instruction on the Vatican website
- SFBG Cover Story The Vatican directive would threaten one of the most vibrant Catholic parishes.
- PLFAG New Vatican Instruction Drives Wedge Between Priests and Vocations, Families and Faith.
- A Dominican interpretation of the document Former Master of the Order of Preachers offers alternative view that not all gay men will be barred from the priesthood.