Dear Land of Guyana, of Rivers and Plains
Loncat ke navigasi Loncat ke pencarian
|Pencipta lirik||Archibald Leonard Luker|
Dear Land of Guyana, of Rivers and Plains adalah lagu kebangsaan negara Guyana. Dipilih pada sebulan sebelum merdeka pada tahun 1966, the liriknya ditulis oleh Archibald Leonard Luker dan komposer musiknya adalah Robert Cyril Gladstone Potter.
Lirik[sunting | sunting sumber]
- Dear land of Guyana, of rivers and plains
- Made rich by the sunshine, and lush by the rains,
- Set gem-like and fair, between mountains and seas,
- Your children salute you, dear land of the free.
- Green land of Guyana, our heroes of yore,
- Both bondsmen and free, laid their bones on your shore.
- This soil so they hallowed, and from them are we,
- All sons of one Mother, Guyana the free.
- Great land of Guyana, diverse though our strains,
- We're born of their sacrifice, heirs of their pains,
- And ours is the glory their eyes did not see,
- One land of six peoples, united and free.
- Dear land of Guyana, to you will we give,
- Our homage, our service, each day that we live;
- God guard you, great Mother, and make us to be
- More worthy our heritage, land of the free.