George W. Bush saat konferensi pers tanggal 28 April 2005.
Bushisme adalah kesalahan kata, frasa, pengucapan, malapropisme, semantik, atau linguistik yang terjadi dalam pidato Presiden Amerika Serikat George W. Bush. Kata ini adalah neologisme yang telah menjadi topik berbagai situs web dan buku dan bahan ejekan bagi Bush.
- Kata-kata yang bunyinya mirip, misalnya "Nucular power pants" dan bukannya "Nuclear power plants"
- Membuat neologisme, misalnya "tacular" (portmanteau dari "tactical" dan "nucular") dan "misunderestimated" ("misunderstood" dan "underestimated")
- Spoonerisme, misalnya "mexed missages" (mixed messages) dan "terriers and bariffs" (barriers and tariffs)
- Membuat bentuk jamak dari berbagai kata ("suiciders", "Internets")
- Struktur kalimat yang redundan, misalnya "We had a chance to visit with Teresa Nelson who's a parent, and a mom or a dad."
- Perubahan tema di tengah kalimat, misalnya "I am here to make an announcement that this Thursday, ticket counters and airplanes will fly out of Ronald Reagan Airport."
- Susunan kata yang salah dalam kalimat, misalnya "give my chance a plan to work"
Kalimat terkenal [sunting]
- "They misunderestimated me."—Bentonville, Arkansas; 6 November 2000
- "I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully."—Saginaw, Michigan; 29 September 2000
- "There's an old saying in Tennessee—I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee—that says, 'Fool me once, shame on...shame on you. Fool me -- you can't get fooled again.'"—Nashville, Tennessee; 17 September 2002
- "Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country."—Poplar Bluff, Missouri; 6 September 2004
- "For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And we're going to do something about it."—Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 14 Mei 2001 
- "One of the things I’ve used on the Google is to pull up maps."—Wawancara dengan Maria Bartiromo dari CNBC, 24 Oktober 2006.
- "I'm going to put people in my place, so when the history of this administration is written at least there's an authoritarian voice saying exactly what happened."—(Sambil mengumumkan ia akan menulis sebuah buku tentang "12 keputusan terberat" yang harus ia buat.)
- "Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream." (seharusnya dreams take wing)—La Crosse, Wisconsin, 18 Oktober 2000
- "See, free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction."—Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 3 Oktober 2003 
- "If the terriers and bariffs are torn down, this economy will grow."—Januari 2000
- "Mr. Prime Minister, thank you for your introduction. Thank you for being such a fine host for the OPEC summit."—Berbicara kepada Perdana Menteri Australia John Howard di APEC Summit, 7 September 2007. (Baik AS maupun Australia bukan anggota OPEC.)
- "Yesterday, you made note of my—the lack of my talent when it came to dancing. But nevertheless, I want you to know I danced with joy. And no question Liberia has gone through very difficult times."—Berbicara kepada presiden Liberia, Washington, D.C., 22 Oktober 2008 
- "Do you have blacks, too?"—Berbicara kepada Presiden Brasil Fernando Cardoso, Washington, D.C., 8 November 2001 
- "Vice President mentioned Nigeria is a fledgling democracy. We have to work with Nigeria. That's an important continent."—George W. Bush pada debat presiden di Winston-Salem, North Carolina, 11 Oktober 2000.
- "I'm telling you there's an enemy that would like to attack America, Americans, again. There just is. That's the reality of the world. And I wish him all the very best."—Washington, D.C., 12 Januari 2009
- "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."—Washington, D.C., 5 Agustus 2004
- "There's no question about it. Wall Street got drunk—that's one of the reasons I asked you to turn off the TV cameras—it got drunk and now it's got a hangover. The question is how long will it sober up and not try to do all these fancy financial instruments."—Pidato di suatu acara penggalangan dana swasta yang diam-diam direkam oleh seorang reporter, lalu dibocorkan ke berbagai kantor berita, Houston, Texas, 18 Juli 2008
- "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"—Florence, South Carolina; 11 Januari 2000
- "As yesterday's positive report card shows, childrens do learn when standards are high and results are measured."—Pada acara No Child Left Behind Act, Washington, D.C.; 26 September 2007
- "Then you wake up at the high school level and find out that the illiteracy level of our children are [sic] appalling."—Washington, D.C.; 23 Januari 2004
Bacaan lanjutan [sunting]
Pranala luar [sunting]